WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PROFERRIN® ES
Proferrin ES iron supplement tablets effectively provide benefits that you simply can’t find with other iron sources. From fewer side effects to superior absorption rates, Proferrin iron supplement tablets are an excellent source for helping your maintain healthy iron levels.
BENEFITS of PROFERRIN® ES IRON SUPPLEMENTS
Heme Iron has Fewer Side Effects*
- Low instances of nausea, cramping and constipation
- Less gastric distress compared to ionic iron 
Heme Iron has Higher Absorption*
- Increased serum iron 23 times greater than ferrous fumarate 
Heme Iron is More Convenient
- Can be taken with or without meals 
- No requirement to lay down after consumption
Take one iron supplement tablet up to three times daily,
with or without food, or as directed by your physician. Heme iron
polypeptide is a hemoglobin-derived product and should be discontinued
from use for at least three days prior to and three days during
a stool occult blood test.  Each tablet contains 12
mg of elemental iron as heme iron polypeptide.
HOW TO GET PROFERRIN ES
Talk to your Doctor
Your doctor can give you the best advice for iron supplementation. This includes specific dosing instructions and, if necessary, prescribing authority. Dosing above three tablets daily is not unusual. Please consult your doctor for more information.
Go to your Local Pharmacy
Proferrin ES is available at many pharmacies. Ask for it at the pharmacy counter. If your pharmacy does not carry Proferrin, they can contact Colorado Biolabs, Inc. for information on how to order it through their wholesaler of choice.
For your convenience, we offer Proferrin ES through our iron tablets online
- Ghaddar, abstract presented at NKF April 7, 2003, Dallas, TX
- Seligman, et. al. Nutrition Research 2000;20:1279-86
- Uzel, et. al. Seminars in Hematology 1998;35:27-34
- Ostrow, J. D. “Tests for Fecal Occult Blood” in Clinical Methods: The History, Physical, and Laboratory Examinations. Walker, H. K., et al, ed. Stoneham, MA: Butterworth Publishers; 1990: 489-91.