Heme Iron Polypeptide + Folic Acid
HOW TO GET PROFERRIN® FORTE
To order, call Colorado Biolabs toll free: 1 (888) 442-0067 or visit our Buy Now page to purchase online.
We recommend the use of Proferrin® Forte to be under the supervision of a Health Care Professional as your health care provider can give you the best advice for iron supplementation.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PROFERRIN® FORTE
Proferrin® Forte is made with Heme Iron Polypeptide (HIP), with the addition of folic acid.
The specially formulated tablets from Proferrin® provide nutritional benefits that compliment a normal diet.
Low instances of Side Effects with Heme Iron Polypeptide*
- Unlikely to cause common iron related digestive system side effects.1,4
Heme Iron Polypeptide Is More Easily Absorbed than Iron Salts*
- Increased serum iron up to 23 times greater than ferrous fumarate.2
Proferrin® Forte Equals Convenience*
- Take Proferrin® Forte with meals.3
No requirement to lay down after consumption.
Take one Proferrin® Forte tablet up to three times daily,
with food, under the supervision of a health care professional.
Heme Iron Polypeptide is a hemoglobin-derived
product and should be discontinued for at least three
days prior to and three days during a hemoccult stool test.
NOTE: The newer FIT test does not require discontinuation of Heme Iron Polypeptide.
- Ghaddar, abstract presented at NKF April 7, 2003, Dallas, TX
- Seligman, et. al. Nutrition Research 2000;20:1279-86
- Uzel, et. al. Seminars in Hematology 1998;35:27-34
- Seligman, P.A., et al, Nutrition Research, 2000. 20(9): 1279-86.